Dating and sexual violence

20-Dec-2015 10:34

University police can also provide access to a confidential sexual assault advocate.If you would prefer not to notify the police, you are strongly encouraged to seek assistance from the campus Title IX Coordinator who can provide you with information on your options, rights and remedies, and/or a sexual assault counselor or advocate.Following the incident, you may be physically injured, there may be a chance you contracted a sexually transmitted disease, or that you may become pregnant.The University has designated a Title IX Coordinator to provide you with assistance and support, and to monitor and oversee overall compliance with laws and policies related to sexual violence.Your campus Title IX Coordinator is available to explain and discuss your right to file a criminal complaint; the University’s relevant complaint process, and your right to receive assistance with that process, including the investigation process; how confidentiality is handled; available resources, both on and off campus; and other related matters.

If you have experienced sexual violence (e.g., rape, acquaintance rape, dating violence, domestic violence, or stalking), you are encouraged to seek immediate assistance from police and healthcare providers for your physical safety, emotional support and medical care.University police can escort you to a safe place and transport you to a hospital or a sexual assault response center for a medical examination, if needed.